Kindergarten at Mount Carmel
Beginning in September 2021, we are planning to open a Kindergarten class for children born in 2016 at the Mount Carmel Early Childhood Center. We will continue to add a grade each year through grade 8, creating the Mount Carmel Catholic Academy!
We are working with a team from the Diocese of Brooklyn and our Board of Directors to create our ongoing school’s mission, philosophy and curriculum statements. We look forward to sharing this information with you soon.
We Will Offer:
- A nurturing and supportive environment where children can learn and grow at a pace unique to the individual.
- A rigorous, stimulating and engaging curriculum, meeting New York State Standards.
- A program rooted in the Catholic tradition with an emphasis on living the faith through service and caring for others.
- A project-based approach, where academic concepts will be explored balancing both traditional learning experiences and age appropriate hands-on activities.
- A separate “active learning” classroom to allow children to physically engage in STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Art Mathematics) related lessons.
- Two full time experienced teachers who will engage children in both large and small group instruction and facilitate open ended activities.
- An independent, private school education at a fraction of the cost of other independent schools in the city.
- Recently renovated classrooms outfitted with Community Playthings™ furniture in early childhood rooms.
- Two outdoor spaces adjacent to the school, including a garden area, and a large, air conditioned indoor gymnasium for gross motor activities and a full size stage for performances.
Kindergarten Tuition for 2021-22
Five Full Days, 8:15-3:15, $15,000 ($3,000 non-refundable deposit)
Policies and Procedures
- Families of all faiths and backgrounds are welcome.
- We will require a minimum enrollment of 10 five year olds (maximum 15) in order to run the class. If we do not have sufficient registration by May 15, 2021 we reserve the right to cancel the class. Should we have to cancel due to insufficient enrollment, we will refund deposits in full.
- All fees are non-refundable unless the class is canceled due to enrollment.
- The non-refundable deposit is due at enrollment via FACTS and the signed contract must be returned to the office via email.
- Each family must enroll online with the FACTS Tuition Management Plan.
- Tuition payments for the remainder of the tuition are due on the dates stipulated in the enrollment agreement beginning in June 2021.
- The Mount Carmel Early Childhood Center, via FACTS, will send monthly bills and statements, but it is a family’s responsibility to be aware of all due dates. Payments will be processed automatically by electronic payment through your ACH checking/savings account or by credit/debit card (additional fee) on scheduled payment dates through your FACTS Management Tuition Payment.